Declutter Project #6 - Drastic Changes

The declutter project has been on hold while I've been dealing with health and "shit happens" issues. I've at a standstill right now, but looking to start moving forward again next week. I've faced the fact that it was foolish to think that I could do this in 30 days. Even if I hadn't fallen into a depression, my back problems don't allow me to work for very long without having to rest, and I dare not push it or I will be flat on my back for days.

Drastic Changes In Plans

I've decided not to move into a van full time. The more I looked into it, the less I felt like I was cut out for that life. The new plan is to fix up this apartment like I always wanted to and stay here. I love my apartment and I love my gardens, so giving them up just isn't something I can do right now.

I'm still going to buy a minivan, because I need a vehicle, and I'm still going to outfit it as a camper van so I can travel cheaply to see and do things I want to do. I'd like to get out of Florida every year for at least July and August, because the heat is just unbearable.

New Money Making Plans

I had planned to work very, very hard to build an affiliate marketing business over the next year, which I'm still going to do, although I'm not going to be pushing myself with 10-12 hour days to get it done in a year. My goal is to build it up to where I can make $2,000 a month in passive income so I can have savings and rebuild my credit.  Once I get there, I will continue to build slowly to make as much as I can. If I can build it up to $4,000 a month, I will look into buying a small RV and then maybe I will take off on the road for longer periods of time, but this will still be my home base, because I love being in Florida in the fall, winter and early spring when I can garden and do outdoor activities.

So that's that. I'm staying here, traveling part time, and decluttering more slowly. I think the key to a happy life is to be flexible, and be willing to bend with prevailing winds.

Comments

Popular Posts