Declutter Project #5

I didn't plan on doing any decluttering today, but I was looking for something in particular and ended up doing some anyway. Sorry for the crappy picture, but I took it with my crappy phone.

That is what's left of one large box and one crate full of old papers and computer disks. On the left is the keep and on the right is the large trash bag half full of crap. I also have a donate box half full.

Today was an emotional day, and I also have a half box full of things I just can't process emotionally right now.

That white crate was my file box at one time. I can't believe how organized I was back then. I had nicely labeled hanging folders and everything inside was in labeled manilla folders filed by date. I don't know what happened to me in the meantime, but I'm sure not that anymore. I kept all the folders, because I may actually get organized again one day. If not, I can donate them later, but file folders are always nice to have. There was also a box of large manilla folders and a few small office supplies that I put in with my other office supplies (which were decluttered earlier).

As for the CDs, they belong to another time when I had a desktop and used to download and store a lot of computer programs and music. Some of them were old software from that computer and from my old dell Windows Vista laptop, so I tossed them. I had bought a whole slew of CD-Rs and CD-RWs, which were largely unused. I put a large stack of unused ones into the donate box, and tossed most of the others, but kept the cases and envelopes. I'll probably donate the cases and envelopes too, but first I need to go through the ones I kept and either transfer the files to a USB drive or toss the disks. Right now, my CD/DVD drive isn't working on my computer, so it may be a while before I can do that. There are only a few, though, so they won't take up too much space.

As for the papers, they were all 15-20 years old, and only one or two folders were things I needed to keep. I actually found a deed to a cemetery plot I bought after my husband died in 1986, and I don't even know if I still own it or if they've reclaimed it as abandoned, although I don't know why they would do that. I'm going to call them next week and find out what's what on that.

Anyway, not bad for a day that I wasn't going to declutter at all. I do need to get a little more organized with this, though. I'm just sticking stuff to keep here and there and not designating any keep boxes, so I'm going to do that tomorrow.

Onward and upward!

Comments

Popular Posts