Declutter Project #3

I'm so far behind where I should be with this thing, but with health issues and depression, I have not gotten very far. For right now, I've decided to only take out of the boxes what I'm going to donate. I'm shooting for one black bag full a day. After I get a bag full and actually take it to Goodwill, I'll  go
back and consolidate the boxes, tossing out all the trash in them and hopefully having boxes to recycle at the end.

I'm being more brutal about what gets donated, and am not going to try to sell a lot of this stuff. I just want it gone right now. I am going to do $5 reseller boxes, which seem to go pretty quickly. I usually put about $50 worth of stuff in the box at least, and eBay and flea market people love them. When I was leaving my house, I had one lady who looked into only one box, saw the value, and said "I'll take them all." I had 10 done up, so I made $50 and she got a lot of stuff to sell. I'm sure she at least tripled her money on that, which makes any reseller happy.

I've decluttered a bit of the kitchen stuff as well. I'm making up a $5 box to sell to some student who is just starting out. I know I should just give it to them, but I intend to include a couple of copper-bottom Revereware pots, so I feel like it's a great deal. The pots alone are worth about $20. 

Anyway, that's where I am. I'm fighting this depression, which has me pretty paralyzed, so I may not finish this project by the end of the month, but I'm sure I'll get an appreciable amount done, which is better than it sitting there for another 2 years. Once I get half the boxes out, I'm going to "declutter" the living room by moving some of the furniturein there. I want to make my LR look more like what it's supposed to be, since it looks like a studio apartment now -- with too much furniture in it. Anything I can do to open that up will be an improvement.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular Posts