Still Trying to Get Organized and Get Everything I Need

My roommate is gone for three days with her job, so I'm taking this opportunity to take everything that doesn't have a place out of my room and reorganize -- again. There is space, I just have to make it so I can get to what I need, and put the rest away for later.

Dragged myself out of bed at 6 a.m. and had my first session at the community garden today. I'll be documenting it more on The Consummate Gardener blog, but in short, I cleaned out the beds she gave me and then realized she had given me the wrong bed. I'll get it straightened out, but it may mean that I will have three plots instead of two.

Came home, hooked up the new hose, and watered the plants. Having a hose that reaches the back porch sure made it easier. I still need a quick-release connector and some shut off valves for hooking the two hoses together, but that will have to wait until my shopping trip to get the bike pump, which takes me to Wal-Mart and Lowe's, plus Goodwill on the way back.

So much to do, and I must do it all early in the morning. Riding the bus is time-consuming, and tiring, which is why I want to get the bike fixed and useable. I really need to get out to the storage place to get my water breaker and try to find the u-lock and key. I only have one key to it, so I may be better off just buying a new one with a spare key, unless there is a way to get a spare to this one. I'll have to research that.

I've been gathering salad ingredients for a few days with every trip to the store, so today, I'll make my chopped salad to munch on for a couple of days. I only need sunflower seeds, but I can do without those until tonight when I can make another trip to the store when it's cooler.

I can feel myself getting stronger already, but I really need to do my calesthenics, especially my sit-ups and leg-lifts to get rid of this belly. Walking and gardening burns calories, but I need muscles! My back isn't giving me nearly as much trouble, which is great. I'll put more about that on the health blog.

Must go to work on the room now, before I get too tired.

Comments

Popular Posts