I May Have Found My Future Tiny Home

As many of you know, my plans changed drastically once I lost out on the nice little cottage I thought I had set up for fall. I've been looking, trying to stay out of apartment complexes, and having a hard time of it. Every time I found a place I liked, I didn't have enough income or they wanted some outrageous pet deposit + pet rent, along with first, last and deposit.

Things were looking bleak, then I replied to an ad on Craigslist to share a wing of someone's house. Unfortunately, that was rented already, but she said she had another property coming open in August, so I did a walk-by and liked the place and the neighborhood. I set up a time to go see it, which I did today.

It's not perfect. It's a duplex, and I'd say it is less than 500 sf, but it has the most awesome back yard with a legacy oak tree. It's within a mile of all my favorite stores (Sav-a-Lot, Big Lots, Dollar Tree and Goodwill) and only 3 blocks from the coolest grocery store in town, Ward's Supermarket.

The landlady is awesome, around my age and also loves nature and horticulture, so I'm sure we would get along fine.

So cross your fingers or say a prayer or send out some positive energy for me! I want to make this into my tiny home, and turn it into something very special.

Comments

Popular Posts