Finding My Way Around the Neighborhood


I walked to the grocery store today. Unfortunately, I went the wrong way getting there and ended up walking around my ass to get to my elbow, but I got there. On the way back, I started out the right way, then turned wrong and ended up walking another two blocks out of my way. A 1.6 mile round trip ended up being over 2 miles, so I have gotten my exercise for the day.

And the sole of my walking shoes broke - just split right across the bottom. Great. Now I have to go buy a new pair of shoes, but honestly, I was thinking I needed a new pair anyway, because those were cheapos I bought 2 years ago, and I didn't think they would last long. I'll find a nice, inexpensive shoe store and find my way out on the bus. No more Wal-Mart shoes! I have too much walking to do.

I'll be riding my bike a lot of places, so that will allow me to wear my sandals. Still, everybody needs a good pair of walking shoes, right?

I'm sort of worried about my cat. She isn't eating much. Do you think maybe she was eating so much at the other place from nerves? Maybe it's just all these changes. She likes it here, but really wants to go out into the back yard. I checked it out, and even though it's fenced, there are too many ways she could get out of it, including a small tree that hangs over into the dog park next door, so I don't think I will let her out just yet.

I must get to work and earn enough money for my new shoes. Was going to take this week off, but guess not now.

Comments

Popular Posts