Net10 Customer Service: Yet Another Victim

Yes, this is a real Net10 logo. "No Evil?"  HA!

 Net10 is known to have the worst support of any telephone company in the U.S., and maybe the world. Not only can you barely understand them, but they won't help you at all. They are only reading from a script and the script tells them how long to pause between questions to keep you on the line. This, I am guessing, is so they can benefit from your having to use your minutes and buy more. What kind of smarmy company charges you to call customer service? But that is just the first absurdity with this company.

My Story of Dissatisfaction with Net10

In April of 2014, I was forced by lack of funds to buy a Net10 phone so I would have phone service in Gainesville once I moved. I bought the cheapest phone I could find, the LG 440G, which has turned out to be a lemon extraordinaire. It was so bad that I spent over an hour trying to get in touch with customer retention to get a new phone. The lady I talked to, Jayne, was kind and agreed to send me a "comparable phone" that used Verizon instead of TMobile.

When I got the replacement phone, it was not a comparable phone at all. My LG phone was a feature phone with  3G and the new one was not. It was a very basic phone, not a feature phone. I later learned that there was at that time no feature phone that used Verizon. I ended up sending the phone back to them, which involved taking two buses to get to the FedEx office, since they would not pick it up at my house.

So I've been using the LG 440G for a few months, because I had moved and didn't have the money for a new phone. I saw that LG now has a CDMA feature phone with Verizon service, so I've been trying to save for that one. In the meantime, I still have to buy minutes for my current phone, so I've opted to buy only the $15 for 200 minute plan to save money.

Being a freelancer, income isn't always dependable, and this month, I could not get the money into my account quick enough to keep my phone from being shut off. Not wanting to lose my phone number, I tried calling Net10 to ask them to please just extend my service for 3 days until I got a payment into my account on Monday, but they refused.

I went on Facebook to complain, and had someone from the company give me an email to write to Net10 for service. I wrote, but even said on FB that I didn't expect a resolution.

This is that email conversation. As you can see, it's total bullshit on their end, just trying to string me along and not even addressing the problem I wrote to them about.

Needless to say, I won't be using Net10 any longer.

Email #1 - Me to Net10

Dear Net10,

I am so terribly disappointed with your company. I have had nothing but problems. First, I bought an LG 440G phone which did not work properly. The phone does not ring half the time, goes straight to voice mail, so I can miss a call while I'm sitting right next to the phone. Tried to work with Jayne from Customer Retention, and she sent me what she said was an equivalent phone that used Verizon instead of TMobile, and it was NOT an equivalent phone at all, but an inferior phone with no 3G. I sent it back to you without ever using it. So I'm stuck with the LG 440G phone because I can't afford to buy another phone, but it's a nightmare! I have lost at least an hour in minutes over the time I've had it trying to get it to send images through email, because it will not connect to my computer's bluetooth. It will not allow me to send copies of my texts to my email either.

I called customer retention today to try to get a short extension on my time, because I don't have money in the bank until Monday. I have been trying to only buy the $15 200 minute plan because I'm trying to save money for the LG 305C, but I live on a fixed income, so it's hard. I didn't want to lose my phone number, so I asked for just a three day extension until Monday, but I was told no, so I said I would be moving to another company and hung up. The representative called me back just to tell me once more that she was not going to help me.

I am completely fed up with Net10.  It's not like it's going to break you to give me three extra days, especially since I had rollover minutes that were still valid. I've spent hours of minutes with customer service trying to deal with all the problems this phone has given me.

I'm going to be blogging about this and sharing it all over social media so that everyone will know what a horrible company you are.

Sincerely,
Deborah Aldridge
XXX XXX XXXX (until tomorrow, then I have no phone)

Reply from Net10: Notice that even though I included my phone number on the bottom of my message, "Daisy" still asks for my phone number, which only proves she did not READ the entire message.

Deborah Aldridge,

Hi Deborah,

Let me check your account. What is your phone number?

Daisy

I replied with my phone number, and this was her next reply:

Deborah Aldridge,

Thanks. Can I have your complete physical address?

So I sent her my home address, and this was her reply:

It doesn't have to be your home or shipping address. Just give me the complete one, where you are physically located right now.

So once again, I reponded with my home address, and asked why she wanted to know where I was right then. This was her reply:

Deborah Aldridge,

I used it to check the exact coverage on your area. There are sufficient towers that will support your phone's technology. Are you located in an open space or surrounded by tall trees and hilly terrains?

This was my reply to her:

What a waste of time this has been. It's all over the internet that this phone doesn't work properly, and doesn't ring, but that isn't even my problem. You are not addressing the problem I have, which is that I don't want to lose my phone number, but my service is out tomorrow and I don't have money until Monday.

If you can't solve that problem, then please stop writing to me, because this is pointless. I won't have ANY problems after tomorrow, because the phone will be DEAD, and since you deemed me too unimportant to extend service for 3 additional days, it won't matter. See, I told you I would get no resolution from this. Just more wasted time. I have to go write a blog post now, and include this entire conversation in it.

Of course, I did not get another message, because it was all BS from the get-go. So I've lost my phone number, and will have to get another number from whatever company I go with next. The only thing for sure is that it will not be Tracfone or Net10.












Comments

Popular Posts