The Lease is Signed! Yay!

Photo Credit: David Di Biase via freeimages.com

 Mailed off the lease this morning with my earnest money deposit, so the tiny house will soon be officially mine. I'm happy but apprehensive. Honestly, this is almost like starting over. Well -- not really -- because I still have tons of stuff, but most of the furniture I will be needing is long gone -- sold just to survive. I don't have living room or dining room furniture, and I'll eventually need a bed for the guest room. I'll have to do what I can in the meantime.

I sometimes think about some of the furniture I had to sell or leave behind, and it makes me very sad. There were a couple of things I really wanted to keep, but needed the money too much to hang on to, but the important stuff I did hang onto -- my family heirlooms and keepsakes. The rest, after all, was just furniture, and furniture is cheap down here in college land.

So I'm one step closer to having my independent life back. Now, to go write some articles and get some money to pay the movers!

Comments

Popular Posts