One Step Closer to a Tiny Home -- If Nothing Goes Wrong


As everyone knows, I have been searching and searching for a tiny home and have been thwarted time and time again. Well, I may have just found one, but I'm not countin' my chickens before they hatch. Met with the landlady yesterday to turn in my application, and all went well. She is making it sound like I already have the apartment, so I pray I'm not reading her wrong.

This is a duplex, and I can't really tell how many square feet it has, because the girl who lives in it now has an immense amount of clutter in it. I'd say probably somewhere around 450 to 500sf, but I'll have to measure when I get there.

It's in a quiet, diverse neighborhood. Lack of diversity is why I left SW Florida, so that's a plus for me. I'm not a white-bread southern person who wants to hide behind big walls that keep different types of people out. I love interacting with people from other cultures.

There are challenges:
  • The floors are concrete
  • The ceilings are low
  • The kitchen is teensy-tinesy, as is the LR

The LR may become my BR, because the BR is larger and the bathroom is right off of it, so that would be better for guests. I'm only going to sleep in the BR anyway, right? I'll have to see how things work out once I get in there.

Challenges are what makes it exciting! Perfect places kill your soul, because there is nothing to overcome.

The rent is very cheap, which will make me more secure, because I could pay the rent and all utilities but the internet out of my SS check. I'd just have to earn enough for food and would be able to literally save a ton of money every month.

PLUS, it gives me the perfect opportunity to fix up and live in a small space, and write about every step here. The landlady makes it seem like a done deal, but in my life, all my best-laid plans have seemed to go awry lately, so I'm just crossing my fingers that my ex-roommate doesn't say something that changes her mind when she calls for a reference.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!




Comments

Popular Posts