18 Frantic Days

My son is coming to visit on the 23rd, and it will be a whirlwind of activity for me.

First, there is the cleaning, because I always want my house to be perfect for guests. Still, this young man grew up with me, so he knows I'm not the perfect housekeeper, but I still want it to at least start out spotless. Luckily, there isn't much space to clean in a 520 sf apartment where one room is full of boxes.

Ah, the boxes. I have to have a place for my son to sleep, and since I have no room for another bed, I'm buying an air mattress. He's fine with this. The problem is, there really is not a lot of room for an air mattress in the box-filled bedroom, so I'm back to restacking, because I don't have time to declutter much.

Then there is the grocerey shopping and meal planning and trying to find some interesting things for us to do while he's here. Since I don't know this town very well myself, he and I have made a plan to explore some of the things I had wanted to see, like Payne's Prairie and the Natural History Museum and maybe Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. We'll also just walk around and explore downtown, and of course, I'll take him to see our mile-long shopping center, and probably go to at least one movie.

We only have 5 days together, so it's going to be a lot of stuff crammed into a short space of time, but with proper planning, it can be fun. Lots of walking, though, so to prepare for that, I'm going to be walking every day for the next 18 days to get into some semblance of shape. Mostly, I'll just go to the grocery stores every day to buy food a bit at a time, and maybe walk around here some too.

Through all this, I still have to work. Then when he's here, I have to do a tiny bit of work, maybe only writing one article a day, but I stilll have bills to pay, so I can't just take the whole week off.

So here I go! For the next 18 days, I will not be on social media or watch t.v. or much of anything but preparing for his visit. I'll post later to let you know how it's going/how it went. 


If you enjoy this blog, please subscribe to stay up to date as posts are published.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular Posts