Me? Shopping Organic? Wonders Will Never Cease!

DISCLAIMER: I am not on Earth Fare's payroll, nor do I get any compensation for promoting them.

I'm on my way out to shop at Earth Fare. I originally went there to buy bulk herbs, but I've been shopping there more lately, trying to eat as much organic and healthy food as I can. Being on a very strict budget means I can't eat entirely organic, but I have found that their specials are pretty good, and in line with some of the cheaper stores. Since I'm eating less on my intermittent fasting diet, I can afford to buy better quality food.

When I was there last, I got one of their Healthy Rewards cards. They used to have what they called a Tomato Bank, where you entered your phone number at the register and earned points for every purchase and could cash them in, but I guess nobody really ever used that, so now they have an actual card you swipe at the register to get BOGO and other deals on specials.

They really do have some decent BOGO deals. For example, this week, I can get 3 lb. bags of Organic Fuji Apples, Blueberries, and several other great items I'm going to buy. Plus, they have Monthly deals where a myriad of items are on sale all month long, so you don't have to wait until they are on sale. This works out really well with perishable items, like the Chobani yogurt they have for $1 all month. To make it even better, they have daily deals that are permanent on a certain day of the week, for example, on Mondays, you can get a rotisserie chicken for $5, which is half of their normal price.

All these BOGO prices bring things down to lower than Publix non-organic prices and much lower than their normal organic prices. There are other benefits to the Healthy Rewards program too. They still give points, but only for Earth Fare brands, and only up to five items at a time. For example, their organic apple cider vinegar is on BOGO this week, so I get points for those two. 100 points is equal to $1, and there are other special points events where you can earn extra points. There are other benefits to the program that you can read about on their website.

So if you're trying to eat healthier for the New Year, and you have an Earth Fare store in your area, check them out. Go to customer service and ask for a Healthy Rewards card. It takes 5 minutes to fill out the form and get one, and it's well worth it.

 If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to receive updates direct to your email.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular Posts