I'm Getting Used to This Place

I've made a few friends in the neighborhood, and I'm sort of getting used to living here. I'll probably still be leaving in August, but in the meantime, I can't live in my bedroom. I have boxes piled in two rooms, one of which I am probably never going to use. The LR is so small, dark and oddly shaped that it just doesn't appeal to me at all. If I was staying, I would turn it into a craft and plant room, but until I decide whether to leave or stay, I'm going to block it off with a folding screen and turn it into a storage room. It doesn't have a door, and the opening to the room is offset, so a screen is a viable solution.

I've been wanting a wooden louvered door screen, but I looked at the new ones and they are freaking expensive! I had a lattice screen in my house, so I'll probably just settle for that, although it's a little more work to build the frame around it. Still, I could have the whole screen for what one bi-fold lattice door costs.

I've seen screens made with cheap full-length mirrors that were painted or decorated, but that seems a little dangerous to me. What do you do if the screen falls? Still, a possibility, because you can find those mirrors in thrift stores for $5 all day long, and even new, they are only $10.

I'll come up with something for a reasonable price, but in the meantime, I'll be moving all the boxes into the existing living room and clearing out what will be the new living room. If you have any ideas for creative screens, let me know. I'm scouring Pinterest for something pretty and cheap.


Comments

Popular Posts