After 40 Months, FINALLY -- A Bedroom With No Boxes!


No, I haven't tossed all my boxes away -- far from it. I still have them all, but I got so sick and tired of looking at them, I finally did something drastic -- I moved into the back bedroom. I had always planned on the back bedroom being my bedroom, and the front, larger, brighter bedroom being the LR/office. When I moved in, the bed got put into the front bedroom, so I just stayed there. Then Jesse came to stay with me for awhile, and moved all HIS stuff into the back room, so I was sort of stuck in the front room -- with piles of boxes around me.

Part of the original plan was to put all the boxes into what is supposed to be the LR (which will be a plants/crafts room eventually) until I had time to unpack them. Instead, there were so many of them that they got stuck everywhere, and since I can't unpack most of them, there are still too many to fit into the tiny LR area.

Today I decided I was sick of living in a room with boxes everywhere. Ever since the day I moved out of my house, I have had boxes stacked in whatever bedroom I happened to be living in. All that visual clutter is very unhealthy, and I've lived like that for almost 4 years. So I tore down my bed and moved it, my bedside tables, my dresser and my stacking crates into the back room and moved all the boxes into the front room.

There is another really good reason to move into this room. The window a/c in the other room has a faulty keypad, and it gets "stuck" on a temperature, where it stays unless you leave it off long enough for it to reset itself. The one in this bedroom works perfectly. Plus, I just had my beautiful 52" white ceiling fan put up in here, and it cranks out a ton of air, so I'm very comfortable. This room is also more private, so I won't have to worry about the neighbors across the street watching me dress and undress. I was dressing and undressing in the bathroom, and now I won't have to do that.

The one drawback to this room is that it isn't as bright as the front room, so I have to use a light to work, but I won't be in here working forever. Once I get some furniture and get some more boxes unpacked, I will be working in the nice, bright front room and only sleeping back here. It's getting cooler, so I won't need that a/c for long, and by next year, I'll have a new one installed. I'm going to have to go outside and clean the outside of one window (which I don't think has been cleaned in many years, if the inside is any indication) to get more light in, because it's still filthy after cleaning the inside.

You have no idea how good it feels not to have boxes piled everywhere while I'm working. Visual clutter is so bad for your brain. Maybe now I will finally be able to concentrate and get something done!

Comments

Popular Posts