One More Week

Thank you to danielito at morguefile for the use of his image.

I'm almost there. Only one more week until I am in my new tiny house. Went over to see the progress yesterday, and pay my first month's rent. The inside is painted and the tile is almost completely finished. The new ceiling fans are gorgeous as is the new sink vanity in the bathroom. The outside is pressure cleaned, but he says he is going to paint it within the next year, so that's something to look forward to. I'm thinking in the meantime, I can figure out how to make some pretty shutters for the front, so I can put them up after its painted. Also, need to figure out how to put up some window boxes. Since it's a concrete block house, that will involve drills and anchors to put up a board first, so I think I'll wait to get help with that.

There are new doors and new locks, including a deadbolt on the utility room, which makes me feel much better about putting a washer/dryer and all my garden tools out there. There is also a tin shed in the back for putting garden pots, scrap lumber, etc. It doesn't have a lock right now, but I have plenty of locks I can use for it. Not many people want to steal plant pots, so I think they'll be safe. He also straightened up the clothesline, so I'll definitely be taking advantage of that.

Took another look around the yard, and the back is almost completely shaded by a huge oak tree, so I'm thinking that is going to be where I put in some sort of space for hanging out. I'll likely just get GRU to deliver a couple of loads of mulch and bury the whole back yard, then put a picnic table and some chairs. I definitely have some shade plants to dress it up back there.

It's going to be so pretty when I get done with it. The front yard is a total blank slate, except for a crinum lily and two sago palms, so I know I'll have a lot to do there. Conveniently, the hose bib is in the front of the house, right where I will need it. All I have now is a cheap $10 hose, so I will have to buy all new hoses eventually.

I can hardly wait to get started on the yard, but the inside will be my focus until it gets a little cooler. I first need some furniture, so once that is done, all my extra resources will go to fix up the outside.

I can hardly wait to be on my own again!

Comments

Popular Posts