Food Challenge #1 : Day One

So far, I've eaten very little today because of my meds killing my appetite, primarily, but also because I didn't have anything easy to fix, like sandwiches. I had frosted flakes with milk for breakfast, a yogurt and a mandarin orange for lunch. I drank 8 ozs of milk with my vitamins.

I peeled and cut up the remaining 4 potatoes, and I'm going to cook some carrots to eat with some, and mash the rest. Haven't decided what to have for snack or supper. Guess I could make a small carrot and raisin salad as an afternoon snack, and have bacon and eggs for supper. I need to test the bread in the freezer and see if it's o.k., and then maybe I can have a bacon sandwich instead. Hmmm...I just got to thinking that if I cook extra bacon I could make some potato soup with those potatoes instead. I add bacon, onions and carrots to mine, and that could be two meals for me. That sounds a lot better than  what I was going to do with them.

So, it's a small carrot and raisin salad for a snack, bacon and eggs for supper (and maybe toast if the bread is o.k.) and make potato soup for tomorrow's lunch and supper. I know, not much protein, but I have two hard boiled eggs, so I can make an egg salad to have as a snack tomorrow afternoon, and that will give me some protein.

It's hard to plan meals when you have no appetite. Supper is my largest meal, because my meds have worn off by then, so my appetite comes back.

I'm supposed to stop eating at 7 pm because of my reflux, but I never seem to be able to hold to that. I usually eat about 8 pm and then stay up until 11. After not eating all day, it's hard not to eat at night, but if I do, I suffer with the reflux, so I try as hard as possible not to.

I didn't have any tea this morning. I'm trying not to drink anything acidic because of my reflux. I think I could probably handle iced tea, because it's very diluted, so I'll try to make some green iced tea today to see how that goes.

I'm headed out to the Dollar General now to get more chewing gum. My meds make my mouth really dry, and chewing gum is the only thing that really helps. I tried Extra sugar-free gum, but it stuck, so I'm going to try to find Freedent. I think it's a bit more expensive, but otherwise my mouth is so dry I end up doing funny stuff with my mouth and I look like a drug addict.

So much that needs to be done around here. I'm going to have to get off this computer and do it! Have a great day, and thanks for reading. Don't forget to comment!



Comments

Popular Posts