It's Been Awhile, Much to Report

I have been struggling with health and financial problems, and haven't written much on any of my blogs lately. Winter was rough here this year, and I lost a lot of my garden plants, so that depressed me. Now I'm faced with redoing the entire garden, which I was planning on doing anyway. You can read more about that on the gardening blog later.

The Van Dwelling Dream is Not Dead, But Much Amended

As for the future, I'm no longer seriously considering moving into a van, although I am going to buy a van, and fix it for traveling. I figure I'll travel mostly in the summer when the heat here is unbearable, but I can't see myself living that kind of life full time. I do love my comforts, like my central heat and air, and having a full bathroom with shower and tub to soak in if I wish. Although my kitchen is small, I love having a kitchen and an oven to bake in. I can't have any of that in a van unless I spend thousands of dollars on a large, expensive van or a Class B RV. I don't have the money for either of those, so occasional traveling is all I can ever look forward to. On the plus side, being without a vehicle has become very difficult for me lately, so I'm going to have to buy one anyway. It might as well be a van.

Decluttering and Future Plans for the Apartment 

As far as decluttering and minimalizing, I haven't done much of that, but soon will be. I've lived for 2-1/2 years as if this were a studio and a storage locker, and I'm done with that. I'm finally ready to settle in and start unpacking and turning this into the 1-BR apartment it is. Still, I do love waking up with the sun shining in on me in the morning, so maybe I'll get a small sofa bed for the LR instead of just a couch.

I had a kitchen fire not long ago (my fault, entirely), but it wasn't too bad, so everything got repaired. It sent me into a deep depression, because I was afraid that I was not going to have my lease renewed, but the manager has guaranteed me that I will be able to stay, so it's time to stop being afraid and settle down and make this a real home.

Of course, I'm going to do this in the cheapest way possible, and I'll have to declutter a lot of the boxes before I can even move the bed into the bedroom, but it will be fun, I think. I certainly won't be wanting for decorative objects. I will, however, need to buy some bedroom furniture. I've decided to finally retire my old childhood dresser by repurposing the drawers into shelves and tossing the body, which is in horrible shape. 

So life has gone on, and although I've been stuck in neutral for a good while, I will be moving forward shortly, and will have much more to report. 

Comments

Popular Posts