So Now The Real Decluttering Work Begins

Boxes in the Bedroom

My son left for home today after a week's visit, and I promised myself that March would be the beginning of my declutter and decorate journey. I've put it off for long enough. I've promised you a picture of the boxes for so long, and here it is. These are only the boxes that you can see. There are more in the closet. As you can see from the hangers hanging from the ceiling fan, the boxes go almost to the ceiling.

Way too many boxes, but it isn't hopeless. When I unpacked to fill one bookcase in the LR, I emptied 10 boxes, so with decluttering at the same time, I should be able to do quite a bit in a short time.

I'm giving myself six months to go through every box, dispose of what I can, and either store or use the rest. There will always be things that will stay in storage, like holiday decorations or certain family mementos, but most of what I have taking up room in the bedroom and closets now are things that can be taken out and displayed or used. Of course, I have to buy shelving first, but that won't be too hard. I can get bookcases by the dozens at the Goodwill down the street. The only problem is getting them home with no car, but I'll work that out.

I should have the BR mostly cleared out in three months, making it take the shape of my craft/project/office space. 

I'm really excited about starting this project, and I'll be making weekly posts with pictures of the progress, so be sure to subscribe to the blog.

If you like this post and want to keep up with the goings on in my small apartment, you can subscribe below.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular Posts