Finally Getting Started on the Apartment

Well, in two days, it will be nine months I've been living here, and I've gotten more done outside than inside, but that's about to change a bit.

I was supposed to go to my son's graduation in May, but there was just no way I could make enough
money without killing myself so we decided I should come in September instead. That takes a lot of pressure off of me financially and mentally. In June, the evil ex-landlord will be paid off and I'll have $200 more to save or put toward fixing up the apartment.

My first plan is to get the bedroom "livable" and get at least a comfy chair for the living room. I've decided I don't actually have to get all the boxes unpacked, but I do have to get them organized and stacked in one end of the bedroom. I've measured it all out, and I can do it by taking only an 8'x4' section off that end. That will leave me with 2 feet in front of the closet and a 10'x10' space for the bed and furniture. My last bedroom was 10x11 with a tiny closet, and since I won't be living in the bedroom, I'll be fine with a small space until I can get everything unpacked and organized.

I'm discouraged that my courtyard is still such a mess, but until I can get the money and help hauling some mulch to cover it, that's how it's going to be. I still haven't quite found space for all the plants yet, and I may just leave some in pots, since I'm likely going to be moving next door before the end of the year.

WHAT?? MOVING AGAIN?? I know, I said "never again," but the next door neighbor will likely be leaving his apartment after a year, and he has a private 400 sf yard in addition to the courtyard for no more money. I really love the idea of being tucked back in that corner with a privacy fence and the big orange tree as well. He wants me to start planting veggies over there, but I just have too much else to do right now.

So that's where things stand right now. If you want to know what's going on in the garden, jump over The Consummate Gardener and catch up.


Comments

Popular Posts