Mostly Working on the Garden Lately

No progress to report on the apartment side, because that has to wait until after my trip in June. I've been working long hours, so I'm sort of behind on everything but I have managed to get a little done in
the garden. I am keeping a diary on my garden blog, The Consummate Gardener, so check it out.


I have prioritized my mission with the inside apartment, though. Of course, my first course of business is to get some shelving and storage space set up so I can turn my bedroom back into a bedroom and not a storage unit. That is my first and most important order of business, because until I do that, I can't even furnish the living room.

The second order of business is to (duh) furnish the living room, which should be too hard, since all I really need is a few nice chairs. I'm not going to get a couch, because it just makes the space look too small, and I hardly ever have guests. Instead, I'll get some comfy chairs -- one special one for me to work from -- and a couple for whoever comes by. I thought about a daybed or sofa bed, but seriously, I'm not going to have many overnight visitors, and if my sons come, I'd rather just put them up at a motel or buy a couple of twin air mattresses for them. It's not like they're going to coming often.

So the LR/DR is going to be used in part to expand the kitchen. I'm going to get a chrome wire shelving unit to put the small appliances on so I can free up counter space. I know it's probably not feng shui to do this, but I'm in desperate need of counter space. My kitchen is so cluttered at the moment that it's barely usable. Something has to give, and I can't see any other way to do it, but I may come up with something, who knows? Maybe I'll find a way to add some drop-down counter space to that rolling pegboard door I have planned for the kitchen.

So nothing much has changed. I still have the same plans and am still on track to start doing everything in June once I get back from my son's graduation. I may take a couple of weeks off then, because I'll definitely be exhausted by then and ready for a rest, but not long, because I'm coming up on a year here and I'm anxious to get this place done.


Comments

Popular Posts