The Packing Has Begun - Kitchen and Clothes



When I get busy, I tend to put off the tasks I most dislike -- like washing dishes. I just grab a new dish and silverware out of the cabinet and drawer and end up with every single dish, pot and pan dirty. My tiny kitchen starts looking like something off of the "Hoarders" show. Well -- not the roaches and dead rats (ewwww!!), but the countertops anyway.

Then, since I don't have a dishwasher, I end up having to wash just what fits into the dryer rack, let that dry, then wash more. Sometimes this takes several changes of water and lots of time.

When I start having to wash my coffee cup and a spoon out in the morning for coffee, something has to give. So tomorrow, I'm going to start packing the kitchen. I don't entertain, so I can pack up all but two of everything and have plenty for just myself. I can pack up most of the pots, pans and bakeware. I don't think I'll be baking any pies in the next 4 months, do you?

That way, when everything gets dirty, it will take me no time at all to clean it up, and it will all fit into the dish drainer in one fell swoop. That is going to save me a lot of time and aggravation. Plus, maybe I won't lose my keys on the kitchen counter anymore because they are covered with dishes.

Winter is Almost Gone

Winter takes awhile longer to leave North Florida, and we will still get some chilly days until April or maybe even May. I do remember wearing a light jacket and long pants last May for a couple of days. But I won't need all these sweaters and winter pajamas, so I'm going to wash all those and pack them away too. I'm seriously considering giving away some of the sweaters. I really have way too many that I never wear. I don't know why I keep them. I have this addiction to sweaters, but it's time to replace these with some more fashionable ones, I think. Maybe I'll sell them on Swip Swap and get a few bucks to buy some new shorts, which I badly need.

Pre-packing is a good thing to do when it's only you and you aren't going to need a lot of your stuff before you move. It's also a good time to go through and declutter, if you need to. I think I can probably let go of a couple of boxes of things and find a few to sell. It was tough getting everything onto the truck last time, so I'd really like to pare down some so I don't have to pay more to rent a truck. At least I can say I haven't ADDED much to the pile since I've been here.

Well, back to work. If I don't have the money to move, all this will be for naught. 

Comments

Popular Posts