I Believe the Housing Nightmare is Coming to an End

Mysterious shoes by my back door. The flip flops are mine, but whose are the others?

I won't go into what was said or done, but suffice to say I got my landlord's attention, and he is going to work with me to get this stuff fixed. We came to an agreement as to what is priority and what can wait. I put it into writing in an email, so I can have a record of it all.

For now, I'm on "wait and see" mode, but am moving forward cautiously on adding a few "rescued" plants to the landscape and getting some mulch in here to cover the sand. The fleas in the yard are bad, and always will be as long as there are so many feral cats around. Feral cats means mice and rats, so I will have to be getting rid of these fleas immediately. I will have to get a sprayer and start spraying the yard -- no natural remedies for this stuff. I'm going full-force chemicals to get rid of these suckers. Rat fleas can kill you!

On a stranger note, I woke up this morning to find a pair of lady's pumps by my back door. I'll have to wait until Jesse wakes up to figure that out, because I peeked into his room and there is no woman in there. It was probably the girl across the street wanting to use the internet, which would be fine, and the only reason I could see why the shoes would be left here with no car in sight. UPDATE: Peeked again and it seems there IS a girl in his room. O.K., that's it. This isn't a flop house.

We moved some furniture around last night to make it so my current bedroom does not have the morning sun glaring on my computer screen and also so that there is more room to move around in here. We put the mirror on the sideboard, which makes a ton of difference. I now have somewhere to put some decorative items and make it a bit more homey. All the boxes are going into the LR for now, since that is actually going to be a craft and plant room in the future.

So this is where it stands. I hate to have to "go nuclear" on people, but it's like my daddy used to say, "Sometimes you have to take a 2x4 to a person's head to get them to listen."  Communication is hard online. Texts and emails do not convey emotion well. I'm glad my landlord and I got to sit down and actually talk face-to-face and hopefully now we are on the right track.

Comments

Popular Posts