Today was a good shopping day

Boy, I lucked out today! I was prepared to go schlepping around Sarasota for hours to find a dress, shoes and shawl for the wedding. I have my long dress for the wedding itself, but I needed something for the dinner the night before and a shawl for the wedding dress, because 1) my upper arms are ugly, and 2) it's going to be chilly at night, and the wedding is at 5 p.m.

I was on my way up U.S. 41, and I spotted a tiny little consignment store. I mean TINY. The whole place couldn't have been over 200 sf. I walked in and within 30 minutes, found everything I needed for $51 and change, all name-brand stuff and the dress had never even been worn!

Stopped by Wally World to pick up some panty hose and a few lemons to smooth out my skin, then went to the local Chinese place to get shrimp fried rice and an eggroll for a late lunch with leftovers for dinner. I'm going to get my hair trimmed, then tonight go return some makeup that doesn't work, and I'm done. 

The bad thing is that the temporary partial I got yesterday is an unmitigated disaster. It's so hard to get out, I am cutting myself up. The dentist had such a hard time with it, he split the corner of my lip trying to mess with it. It was not made well. When the wedding is over, I'm going to demand they take another impression and do it over again. I don't care if they are a discount dental clinic, wrong is wrong. I paid hundreds of dollars for something that is very, very badly made.I'm just hoping I'll be able to eat by the time I get to the wedding.

Well, something had to go wrong. I will just be happy when this whole thing is over. Life should not be this hard.




Comments

  1. Oh nooo! Dental work can really mess with your life when it goes wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All Contents Are Moderated Before Appearing. No spam links allowed.

Popular Posts