What Picture is on Your Fridge?

Where do you get your daily "get out of bed" motivation on those days when you just want to crawl back under the covers? We all need something to get us out and get us going in the morning. It may change from day to day, month to month, year to year, but if you have nothing, you will vegetate. Discipline is great, and it will get your far, but you need something worth disciplining yourself for.

For me, right now it's a place -- an adorable cottage where I want to live. It's not a fancy place -- far from it -- and some of you would look at it and wonder why I would want to live there, but I can just see myself there forever, because the cottage has stood for so long.  Someone cared enough about it to fix it up when it was falling down. Not just anyone is allowed to live in this cottage. You have to be someone like me, someone who will love it as much as the owner does and someone who will actually "live" in the community, not just "reside" there. This is my cottage.


The problem is, it will cost an arm and a leg to get into it, and a lot of work to stay in it. It's worth the work, not for what it is, but for where it is, and for what type of community surrounds it. I have pictures of that cottage on my computer, and every time I just want to sit and vegetate, I look at them and get back to work.

Some people put pictures on their fridge. Once, I had a picture of an Audi on mine. I never got the Audi (thank God, because it turned out to be the worst Audi ever built), but I got a lot of other really great stuff because I was working so hard with that Audi in mind. Sometimes, you should set a goal just because of all the wonderful things that can happen while you're working toward that goal, not really for the goal itself.

What do you have on your refrigerator?


Comments

Popular Posts