Free Wrought Iron Table Dumpster Find


I'm telling you, the dumpsters around here have been a gold mine! Today, I went out to take my garbage and found this beautiful, very heavy, wrought iron table base. It will take some work, no doubt, but it has very little rust, so I think maybe a good sanding, priming and painting will bring it back to life. I'll somehow build a wooden top for it, because glass tops are expensive and I'm not picky. It's 36" across, so not really sure where I'm going to put it right now. I wasn't planning on having a dining room table, and I already have the small table out on the patio, so I'll have to think on that.

One thing is becoming abundantly clear: if I want to grow vegetables in the courtyard, I'm going to have to find places for all this other stuff I have out there. So far, I've scored two folding tables, one which I'm planning to use as a potting bench and one as a craft table indoors. I just don't know where to put all this stuff!

This apartment is much smaller than I had imagined it to be. It's going to take a lot of finagling to get everything to fit into it, and I imagine a lot more will have to go before then. OR I could move to a 2-BR, which I don't want to do. As far as the courtyard goes, 11 x 14 feet is large enough, except that there are already large plants in it, which I may actually have to move outside the wall just to have room to plant my veggies.

Then there's that tiny kitchen, but that's another story altogether.


Comments

Popular Posts